In the 50-ies of XX century, Professor Ericson, a Swedish doctor, moved to France. Biologist and researcher, he was a student of Professor Alexis Carrel, another well known biologist who had been awarded the Nobel Prize of Medicine in 1912.
Professor Ericson who dedicated his life to medicine and research, worked in a hospital and specialized in the surgery and the repair of burned skin tissue. When he met his wife-to-be, new horizons opened to him. Amazed by his husband's competence, Mrs Ericson, who was a qualified beautician, asked her husband to treat some of her clients' skin problems. Results were far beyond their expectations.
In 1962, the couple opened the first ERICSON Beauty Treatment Centre, where Professor Ericson put his "Cellulotherapy" treatment into practice (a famous Swiss clinical method, very trendy at the time in Switzerland, which consisted in the injection of living cell extracts).
In ERICSON Beauty Treatment Centre, applications were only external. The use of placenta, embryo or amniotic fluid extracts enabled to treat damaged skin (scars, wrinkles, dull skin, etc.) very efficiently. The ERICSON Beauty Treatment Centre acclaimed by the Paris jet set (famous artists, politicians' and businessmen's wives) was a great success.
In 1983, once again a woman named Mrs Lydie Du Martin was to give the company a new lift. A qualified pharmacist and nutritionist, she was both a scientist and a businesswoman. While following the philosophy and ethics that had been implemented by Professor Ericson, she drew up the profile of what was to become the ERICSON LABORATOIRE brand, and set up a national distribution structure in professional Beauty Salons.
In 1993, the brand was taken over by a major Financial Group that set up a large-scale international distribution.